Monday, September 22, 2014

Contrasting client work



Its always funny to me when I get hired by clients side by side and I deliver work that stylistically are very different. I take pride in my flexibility, though sometimes that bites me in the butt when I don't have a portfolio with a consistent style.

These two images were done for two different clients but its fun to be able to mess around with different mindsets when approaching an illustration. Experimenting with texture and color in a more overt way in one and focusing on form and working from photographic reference in the other.

 Of course, its even more fun when you get the chance to experiment with styles in the same project. These two images were done of the same character. The one on the left was concept art for the project while the right was a tongue-in-cheek version done for the project's kickstarter.

No comments: