Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sooo close


Ack, stayed up late to try to finish the bookcover. I think I made large headway with the stained glass background but I still haven't done much with the outfit. I'm not really sure how I want to paint the clothing. I think I've spend too long thinking about the cover, too worried about having it look "finished".

I recently finished a personal picture, it took longer than I thought but I worked consistently on it with very little "dead work" going into it. Just having a lot of fun with brushes and expressing motion with the snake. As cheating as it is, I think its a lot easier working back and forth between a drawing and a solid form. I think it lets me be a bit more free with my brush stroke and texture. The snake on a white ground was really fun to do. In this case the background was easy to put in afterwards but I suspect most images aren't as forgiving as a densely foggy backdrop.

No comments: